Hello KG crew! We hope you are all doing your best to stay safe and healthy in this time! While it can all certainly feel confusing and scary, there is comfort in knowing the whole world is rising to come together as one unit to fight this virus. We may not know all the answers the future holds, but what we do know is that we can make decisions with kindness and compassion day to day that will impact the aftermath of this crisis.
Here are some acts of kindness and safety to follow during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Wash your hands & use hand-sanitizer. While it does seem to be a big joke in the media right now, health officials are clarifying that this is one of the most important things you can do to ensure your health and safety. Be kind to your body!
- Practice social distancing! THIS IS SO IMPORTANT. Right now is the time the virus is spreading fast & easy. People who have yet to experience symptoms are out and about still spreading these germs. It is critical to quarantine yourself, to the best of your ability at this time, no matter if you have seen symptoms appear or not. You could unknowingly be spreading the virus to the ones you love or put yourself at higher risk to get it! Stay indoors friends – there’s a lot of fun to be had (to be discussed below).
- Be compassionate when stocking up on food and toilet paper. Take the necessary amount and leave appropriate amounts to share with your neighbor.
- Reach out to family and friends. Reach out to people you haven’t talked to in forever. Call a new friend. It’s very possible to stay social in this time of social distancing. Have genuine, wholesome conversations with others going through the same issues you might be having in this time! Be sure to check in with others, as these times may be hard for some.
- Donate. Donate to small businesses taking a big hit in this time, food shelters taking food for families in need, & funds contributing to researchers racing to find a vaccine. There is more we can do to help in this time & a little goes a long way!
- Be kind to yourself! Practice that self-care routine. Hydrate, eat healthy and take vitamins to boost your immune system, exercise! Say yes to the self-care activities you usually don’t have time for. Stretch. Do face masks. Meditate. Focus on you, it’s about time honey!
- Call on your creative side. Paint, draw, write, make music, try a new hobby. For starters, it will sure make social distancing fly by. Creative outlets are a great way to relive stress + anxiety, share time with the ones you are home with and to have fun! Imagine how much we could benefit from every person on this Earth getting imaginative – people have the ability to invent and create ideas that change the world.
- Remain positive! Pray. Put good energy & effort into working as a community to find answers & maintaining the overall health and safety of our worldwide community. Be courteous and compassionate to others. Travel wise, shop carefully, and act with love!
Thank you guys for your continued support through this time! Sending all our love to you all! This week’s gemstone recommendation is whichever one keeps you feeling safe (Turquoise), protected (Tigers Eye), calm (Abalone), or loved (Rose Quartz) in this time.