Happy Valentine’s Day KG lovers! Valentine’s Day is always such a special day of the year to give and receive love, compassion, and kindness. That’s what KG is all about! As many companies, and society itself, place an emphasis on giving love to a significant other or loved ones in your life, Kindness Gems wants to stress the importance of giving yourself that same love this Valentine’s Day! I wanted to share some insight from Jen Sincero’s popular book, You are a Badass, about loving who you are and ways you can better the relationship you have with yourself!!
In Chapter 6 of the book, Sincero discusses how we are born on this Earth as happy little buddles of joy who know how to trust our instincts, how to eat only when we are hungry, how to breathe deeply, how to not care about what anyone thinks of our dance moves, etc. Then, we go through life and are influenced by outside perspectives, beliefs, and values that cause our subconscious minds to practically “fall out of love with ourselves.” We begin to believe we are not enough. Here are some tips she offers on how to not only love yourself, but to enter into reality-altering self-love:
- Appreciate how special you are. Not a single human on this earth was made in the same way you were. You possess your unique talents, thoughts, and gifts that should be shared with the world. You are the only you there is, it would be a shame to deprive the world of all you have to offer!
- Repeat affirmations! Affirmations are the best way to rewire your brain. Repeat them in the car on the way to work, in the shower, as many times as you can all day long! Do not just make the affirmations a list of nonsense; you have to want it and feel it in order to believe it.
- Do things you love. Look at your life and evaluate where you are letting yourself down. If you constantly deny yourself of the people, food, and things you love, that is failing to show yourself love. If you like going horseback riding, make time. If you like doing yoga, don’t allow yourself to make excuses. Get out there and allow yourself to experience the things and people that make you feel alive.
- Find a replacement for the negative instant reactions you’ve become accustomed to. What runs through your mind when you look in the mirror? When you make a mistake? When you fail at a task? Replace the negative with “What can I learn from this? How can I be better?”
- Ditch the self-deprecating humor. Simple.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. You are more than enough. Comparison often brings you down when you actually don’t even know the full side to the other person’s success.Your success is not dependent on anyone else, and therefore, it should not be compared to anyone else’s.
- Forgive yourself. We have all screwed up, it is a part of our human nature to do so. However, carrying around guilt and self-criticism is not going to make you a better person. Fix the wrongdoing if you must, and move on. Show yourself love, we all make mistakes.
- Love yourself. No matter what anyone else thinks. Your self-worth is not based on opinions of others.
These points hold so much truth and act as incredible guidelines to live a more radically loved life. 2020 has been so focused on the concept of YOU and putting your needs and desires before others to make your dreams come true. It all starts with loving the one you is! I hope these points help you on this Valentine’s Day to show yourself some extra love; YOU deserve it!
This week I am going to recommend Emerald! Emerald is an ultimate love stone, opening up your heart chakra to compassion and deep self-love. Use emerald this week as you start implementing the pointers Sincero outlined for us! Happy Valentine’s Day lovelies!