Hello KG Crew! I am STOKED to be announcing our 2020 Quarter 3 Charity, One Tree Planted. As an environmentalist myself, this charity has me geeking out. I just want to scream it from every rooftop that 20% of all our proceeds these next 3 months will be planting trees! The CRAZY part about it all is that your single necklace or ring purchase can be planting between 5 to 20 trees!!! FIVE TO TWENTY GUYS! That is huge! Okay so now that we know how many trees your purchase gets you, let’s dive deeper into learning more about One Tree Planted, how they operate, where they plant, and what that process looks like!
One Tree Planted is a non-profit organization focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, One Tree Planted’s mission is to make it simple for anyone to help the environment by planting trees. Their efforts began in 2014 will the goal of giving back to the environment, creating a healthier climate, protecting biodiversity, and helping reforestation efforts around the world! Since they’ve started, the number of trees planted has doubled each year. They work with reforestation partners in North America, South America, Asia, and Africa who help them plant trees to restore forests after natural disasters, create jobs, build communities, and protect habitats for biodiversity. Already in 2020, One Tree Planted has planted 15 MILLION TREES! Trees are one of the most vital aspects for our environment. They are crucial for our planet’s water, air, biodiversity, health, climate, and socially! Trees help clean the air we breathe, filter the water we drink, provide a home to over 80% of the world’s terrestrial biodiversity. Moreover, trees provide jobs to over 1.6 billion people, absorb harmful carbon from the atmosphere and are key ingredients in 25% of all medicines. It is clear to see why trees are so important for the environment, which is why KG couldn’t be more honored to be donating to plant hundreds of trees around the globe!
How the process works:
There are so many ways to join KG in taking care of the environment for the next few months! We will be doing giveaways and DIYs, providing educational content, & planning eco-friendly activities for you to get involved with! To get you kick started, try out this popsicle recipe made with coconut milk instead of dairy milk. Enjoy on a hot summer day! Thanks for supporting KG & helping us make the world a better place:)
Creamy Coconut and Mixed Berry Popsicles
- 1 (15 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/4 cup pure honey, divided
- 3/4 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- Whisk together the coconut milk, vanilla and 2 Tbsp of the honey, until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Blend together the berries and remaining honey, until smooth and combined. Add more honey, to taste, as necessary.
- For a creamy pop: Stir together the coconut milk and berry puree, and divide evenly between the popsicle molds. Freeze for 30 minutes, then insert the popsicle sticks, and continue freezing for 4 hours, or until firm.
- For a layered pop: Divide the coconut milk equally between the popsicle molds. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes, or so, then top with the berry puree. Freeze again for 30 minutes, then insert the popsicle sticks and continue freezing for 4 hours, or until firm.