Hello my KG Crew! I hope you all have had a week full of beautiful views, meaningful conversations, and healthy meals. If you live here with me in San Diego, I’m sure you’ve enjoyed all of that! The KG Team is officially back at home base & it couldn’t feel more magical! I traveled across the country from New Jersey to get here & as promised, I want to give you guys some travel recommendations from the places we stopped! From Nashville, to San Antonio, all the way back to San Diego, let’s start the trip!
Stop 1: Nashville, Tennessee
- Brunch at Milk & Honey! Oh sis, this place does it right! Half price Bloody Mary’s and Mimosas every week day so you already know it’s a great choice! Then, the food… OMG the best vegan Thai dish I have ever had & my boyfriend fell in love with the chicken and waffles! They have a location in the Gulch so my recommendation is to start your day walking around the cute shops & coffee spots the area has to offer & pop into Milk & Honey once you have that craving for brunch!
- 12 South is one of the areas in Nashville that is really booming right now! They have plenty of new places to dine & shop; it serves as another great spot to walk around! Five Daughter’s Bakery has a location at 12 South & I assure you they carry the best doughnuts in Nashville (even for vegans)!
- Cheekwood Estate and Gardens. Nashville is known for its Honky Tonk & drinking through Broadway, yet if you are looking for a quick escape from it all, I highly recommend visiting some of Nashville’s beautiful botanical gardens! Cheekwood is full of stunning views, intricate glass blown structures, & flowers galore! It’s the perfect escape on a beautiful day.
- Hit Broadway by storm! There truly is a special energy that exists as you walk throughout the streets, bars and restaurants as people are singing and playing their hearts out trying to make their dreams come true! Some bars I suggest are Tootsies, Nudies Honky Tonk, & Tin Roof. To eat, Acme Food & Seed is the place to be; they have three levels of music and food of different varieties, you won’t be disappointed!
Stop 2: Austin, Texas
- Guysss I don’t want to make Austin’s recommendations all about food but honeyyyy, Austin is serving up vegan goodies from the gods! Start your day, end your day, I don’t care what you do but make sure you end up at E Cesar Chavez St. at the food truck yard! The Vegan Nom is serving up the BEST vegan breakfast tacos, burritos, & so much more! There, you can also find an amazing Kombucha truck, a vegan burger food truck, & another one of my favorite’s - Milky Way Shakes. They have vegan milkshakes that you can even add CBD too & I promise you it is the best way to end your night!!
- South Congress St is a must!! One of my favorite little downtown streets in the nation for shops, food, & more! It has so many amazing boutiques and eats to offer with even better views of downtown!
- Visit a Farmer’s Market! There are so many markets that take place weekly in Austin with a variety of Texas produce, meats, and crafts! Austin is a city filled with good eats and artists everywhere so you are sure to find some gems at any market you show up to in the city.
- Watch millions of bats fly out from under the Congress St. Bridge! Everyday from March through October at sunset, the largest colony of city bats flies out from below the bridge. People gather each night with picnic blankets, kayaks, and their loved ones to watch the sight. It’s an Austin must see!
Stop 3: San Antonio, Texas
- The Riverwalk! Okay I am so excited to tell you guys about this one! Plenty of people have mentioned the Riverwalk to me but they did not make it sound truly as cool as it is! The San Antonio Riverwalk runs along the San Antonio River UNDER the city! It almost feels like it transports you to a different dimension when you step off the regular city streets down the stairs into the Riverwalk. The scene is buzzing with happy faces, good food, and little shops along the way. You can even take a guided cruise on a boat through the river! San Antonio and the Riverwalk itself are the perfect place to go for an extra 1-night stop on your road trip!
Stop 4: Tucson, Arizona
- Explore the trails in the Catalina Foothills! In north Tucson, you will find some of the most beautiful views in the city as you explore all that the Catalina Mountains have to offer! This is a great place to come to meditate, go for a walk or run, or just to get some fresh air for the day!
- Ofcourse we have to talk food recommendations & Tucson does not disappoint. For off the chart vegan Mexican food, Tumerico is the spot with delicious dishes, quality ingredients and genuine service! Z-Pizza in Oro Valley is a great spot for regular and vegan pizza alike! Time Market by the U of A is another local favorite for pizza & much more!
- Windy Point on the way up to Mount Lemon. Both the point and the views at the top of the mountain are worth seeing, but Windy Point is for sure one of the best sunset spots you’ll find in Tucson. With views of the whole city, you’ll want to make sure you take the trip up here!
- St. Philips Plaza! Events, farmers markets & more, this plaza is the spot to be! Well known for the beauty of its tile art, fountains, and rose gardens, St. Philip’s is a must if you are looking for artisan work, specialty shops, & gifts you can’t find anywhere else!
There you have it friends, our 2020 cross-country road trip recommendations! We encourage you to enjoy each of these places safely with masks and social distancing rules applied! Comment if you have been to any of these spots or if any stand out to you that you can’t wait to travel to next!!